It's become almoost like a little ritual- cze char dinner at Simpang Bedok after an afternoon of moojong. Some members of The League have hands that will itch from time to time which only the dragging and clanging of moojong tiles on the table can soothe. Moohehe.
While moojong accommodates only 4 people, cze char welcomes moore so it was a perfect dinner arrangement with friends who were not involved in the game. Plus we can bring some happy (fermented) juice for our dining pleasure!
The bill worked out to about $10 per pax, excluding wines.
1) Gerard Bertrand Organic Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 from the South of France
- Black fruits, dash of herbs, rounded mouthfeel and firm but smooth tannins
- Fruit-forward but quite balanced. Pretty enjoyable!
2) Tsantali Organic Cabernet Sauvignon 2003 from Greece
- Rather sweet on the nose and palate with notes of Ribena, cherries, incense
- Acid waning probably due to age
3) Ochagavia 1851 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva 2012 from Chile
- Young, firm structure and most tannic of what we had
- Moore enjoyable with meats
- Blackberries with a bit of capsicum on the nose
Hock Lai Heng Restaurant
294 Bedok Road (Simpang Bedok)
Opens: 11am to 2pm; 5pm to 11pm
Chew On This: Feel free to BYO wines (and glasses) here! No corkage. :)